Students who have little or no prior experience are introduced to the basics of Chinese brush painting. These skills include;
- Introduction to the materials and equipmentPainting lines with brushes
- Basic brush strokes for painting
- Control of media using speed of application and by varying moisture.
- Apply the above skills to create your first paintings.
- Bamboo using calligraphy characters.
- Orchid, displaying flow of movement.
- Chrysanthemum, showing graduation of tone with brush stroke.
- Autumn branches (plum blossom) showing strength of wooden branches.
All of the above work is covered over 8 weeks.