The items necessary for beginners are listed as follows:
- Brushes. As a minimum, a small fine brush, a medium brush, and a larger, broad brush will be required.
- Rice paper
- One porcelain plate, plain white, approximately 18cm diameter, for mixing ink and colour.
- Two jars, approximately 7cm diameter, 10cm high to hold water.
- White felt approximately 90 x 90cm to be laid on table for work.
- 2 absorbent wiping cloths.
- tea spoon.
Brushes, ink and rice paper can be purchased through the school during your first lesson at a cost of approximately $30 to $50. Other items to be provided by yourself.